The Bay Area Climbers Coalition is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on preserving access to our local outdoor areas by actively fostering positive relationships with land managers, hosting stewardship events, and providing educational programming for the climbing community.
Formed in 2013 and incorporated as a non-profit in 2014, the Coalition has brought hundreds of volunteers to over a dozen Bay Area crags, successfully removing thousands of pounds of trash and other debris, clearing graffiti from multiple rock walls, and improving miles of access trails. We are the only official partner of the Access Fund in this region and we serve as the first point of contact for land managers interested in communicating with the climbing community.
The Bay Area Climbers Coalition works to bring together all individuals and organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area interested in protecting and caring for our local climbing resources, including:
- Land managers, including city, county, state, and national parks
- Non-profit partners, including the Access Fund, American Alpine Club, and regional climbing and mountaineering clubs
- Local businesses, including climbing gyms and outdoor retail stores
- Outdoor brands with a local presence, from widely-recognized international labels to local boutique companies
- And, most importantly, climbers!