We are now accepting applications for several volunteer opportunities within the BACC core team!
We are seeking active, motivated, and committed folks in the community to join BACC as directors and managers and carry forward the torch of climbing stewardship in the Bay Area. We encourage you to apply!
BACC Volunteer Opportunities:
- Regional Steward – Job Description
- Stinson Beach Steward – Job Description
- Social Media Specialist – Job Description
- Website Manager – Job Description
- Community Ambassador – Job Description
- Virtual Ambassador – Job Description
How to Apply:
- Send a letter of interest to us for each position you are interested in. The letter should include why you feel you are qualified and why you are excited to join the BACC core team.
- If you do not see a position that matches your exact skill set but you are still interested in joining the team, send a letter of interest sharing why you are interested and how you feel you can contribute to the BACC team.
- Please submit your letter of interest to email@example.com
What We Do:
We organize and host events that bring the community together and take care of our outdoor climbing areas. We establish and maintain positive relationships with the land managers that oversee our outdoor climbing areas. We support local rebolting efforts and promote positive outdoor ethics. We partner with organizations including the Access Fund, Touchstone Climbing, Planet Granite, Patagonia, Sports Basement, Mountain Hardwear, REEL ROCK, and more, to bring together the entire Bay Area community of climbers. While Covid-19 has disrupted many of our usual events, we are optimistic about resuming normal operations when restrictions hopefully start lifting later this year. Learn more here.
Who We Are:
Some of us are in pursuit of tough and long lines deep in the backcountry. Others pursue the acute challenges of bouldering with refined technique. Some are newer to outdoor climbing, dabbling now and then, and others push their limits in the steep world of sport climbing. Our individual climbing experiences span the spectrum, from the newly devoted to the life-long veteran. What we all share is love of the sport and the community. We are a diverse group brought together by our desire to give back and protect the areas where we climb. We are Team BACC.
Need More Inspiration?
- Touchstone Blog: Meet Your Local Climbing Organization
- Alpinist: Climbing Coalitions Make A Difference
- MojaGear: Becoming a Climber Advocate
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to meeting you soon!
You must be logged in to post a comment.