On Saturday, May 12, 30 volunteers gathered at Indian Rock in Castle Rock State Park for a Bay Area Climbers Coalition Adopt-A-Crag. The weather was beautiful and we were excited to welcome many participants to their first ever Adopt-A-Crag! BACC was also excited to welcome Annabelle from the Access Fund Conservation Team, who helped us build five new rock stairs!
Over three hours, our team of volunteers:
– Maintained stairs built over the past 3 years with Access Fund
– Created a retaining wall along the trail stretching at least 12 linear feet
– Removed 10 bags of trash and glass
– Cleaned a heavily graffiti/painted rock
– Closed off social trails in bouldering area in order to minimize environmental impact
You must be logged in to post a comment.