We would like to thank everyone for coming and helping clean up Glen Canyon on Saturday! A total of 42 folks showed up, including three from the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, Andrea and Katie from the Access Fund, and half a dozen BACC board members. The weather was stunning! Somehow, we lucked out with one of Glen Canyon’s irregular sunny, warm days.
During this event, we completed quite a lot of work, including the following:
- Removed weeds along approximately 250 meters of trail; this was a SPECTACULAR amount of vegetation. Staff of San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department attending the event surprised and very happy with the amount of work we completed.
- Weeded, refilled, and tamped approximately 50 steps, and regraded another 20 meters of sloping trail traversing a steep loose hillside.
- Three graffiti removal crews were mobilized to several sites in the canyon. At a few sites, multi-layered graffiti was heavily affecting rock faces. Due to the thickness of the paint, multiple applications of graffiti removal solvent were required. The results were significant and directly improves the bouldering experience in Glen Canyon.
- Trimmed approximately 20 meters of native brush impinging on the boulder problems and used the offcuts to close an unnecessary informal trail.
- Many pizzas were eaten.
- Post-event sends of The Chimney were enjoyed by many attendees.
We would like to thank Access Fund for their generous support of this event!