Two of our amazing board members – Ally and Caden – got the chance to run their very first Adopt-A-Crag event at Indian and Mortar Rock and it was a huge success. Over 30 volunteers showed up to take on some needed work at Indian and Mortar Rock last Sunday. These volunteers worked crazy hard and got a huge amount of work done in a very short time!
Huge “thanks” to Planet Granite, Touchstone Climbing, and CLIF Bar for hooking up the raffle prizes for the event. We also want to thank Rotten City Pizza for donating a number of their tasty pies to feed the hardworking volunteers.
Here is a quick list of the work that we got done at these amazing local climbing spots.
– picked up tons of glass and trash – easily 60 pounds
– installed new wood chips in The Pit, up top near The Ape, and along the start of the Indian Rock Traverse – 10 cubic yards in total!
– cleared dirt and pulled weeds from the main stairs leading down to The Pit
– swept all the pathways around the park – the neighbors love this
– picked up trash from around the park
– cleared the stairs around the back side of debris and leaves
– installed some new rocks along the pathways to better define and discourage cutting through the planted areas
Thank you again to everyone that came out to put some love into our local crags!