Video produced by Outpost Digital Cinema
The Bay Area Climbers Coalition (BACC) is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to preserve access to local outdoor areas through stewardship, community building, and educational programming.
Our objective is bring together individuals and organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area interested in protecting and caring for our local climbing resources, including:
- Land managers from city, county, state, and national parks
- Non-profit partners such as the Access Fund, American Alpine Club, and regional climbing and mountaineering clubs
- Local businesses, including climbing gyms and outdoor retail stores
- Outdoor brands with a local presence, from widely-recognized international labels to local boutique companies
- And, most importantly, climbers!
We do this through collaboration with land managers and partner organizations, volunteer stewardship events at our local crags, and social and educational events all over the Bay Area.
Mount St. Helena
In October 2017, fires in Napa and Sonoma counties spread rapidly, impacting Mount St. Helena and the surrounding Robert Louis Stevenson State Park.
We have created this ressource to help you navigate the crags around Mt. St. Helena.